Friday, March 20, 2009

It's always sunny in Philadelphia

So, last night wasn't half as bad as I thought, and I was on my couch watching Grey's with Lil' Pup before I knew it.

The state of my company isn't great (I don't know who's business is thriving at the moment, but I hope there are folks out there) and it doesn't look good until the market turns around and the economy gets on track. Since my company is in very large commercial construction the money has really frozen up, we have had to stop projects mid-stride, which really really hurts. We have to wait until the money starts to flow again to get our big projects back out on the table. Until that happens we have to continue trimming expenses any way we can, including more layoffs.
As I said before, I think I am relatively safe based on what I do and how I do it (well, if I do say so myself) but you never know. What I do is not unique in my unit, nor am I the most experienced, so there is always a fear in the back of my head...but all I can do is do my job the best I can and keep my chin up.

After last nights meeting there was food and an open bar (I think they knew it would be a rough meeting) and I stayed until 7:30 chatting with friends that don't work in the office and then headed home with a ride with my friend R.

Today is really busy at work with a really big bid for a really big client that is due at 3. Then I have to finish up other work, head home to shower and then we have a big pasta dinner at the club tonight with friends.

Then tomorrow I am doing the altar decorations at church for Sunday's service, and then I think we'll head out to Valley Forge for a long walk with Lil' Pup on his 50 foot lead. That way he can wander and chase things while we stay on the path and he doesn't run away. Lil' Pup is good at a lot of things, but staying with us on a walk is not one of them. Prone to run after (away) anything that moves, he can't be off a leash ever. Not the best situation ever, but one that we have learned to deal with over time. Otherwise he's a great dog and I can't fault him for being poorly trained as a puppy, as we don't even know where he was prior to being rescued by Main Line Animal Rescue in 2006.

Anyways, stay tuned for Furry Friday!

Have a great weekend!
xoxo Mrs. Pit

No comments: