Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Don't leave!

So, my friend J is finally back in the office today after being out the last 3 days and I couldn't be happier. She was down in DC looking at Graduate programs and while I am so happy for her to go to school next year (because it's what she REALLY wants to do) I am still sad that she won't be in the office anymore.

Since I work in construction, there aren't naturally too many women in the mix of things, and while its the 21st century, this seems to be a field that is still way behind the times. Therefore, when I meet smart, awesome girls like J, we tend to become fast friends and great solace for each other in an office full of men.
However, recently the trend has been going the wrong direction as all the cool girls seem to be leaving!

My friend J (another J) left last summer to go to nursing school, M just left last week so she can finish her last few semesters at Drexel, and J is leaving in August to move to DC. What about me? I am not applying or going anywhere, stop the madness! Not only am I losing cool people my age, I am losing the only good friend I have in the office! Now I am going to be surrounded by even more men with no one to talk to about it.

Oh well. I am outnumbered at home as well with Mr. Pit and Lil' Pup, see, yet another reason to get another puppy, this time it can be a girl!

1 comment:

Dollface said...

You are tagged!!! Go be sexy :) xoxo