Monday, March 30, 2009

Wonderful Weekend


Morning Pit fans,

I was SO excited to start my weekend early last Friday and it lived up to everything it should have.

I took the train home from work and was in the door and eating lunch by 1:15. Then it was a nice long walk with Lil' Pup (where we ran into almost ALL of our neighbors doing the same thing) and then it was off to the golf course where I met up with my brothers and we played 4 holes on the front 9. We would have played more if Happy Hour weren't calling our names, but it was, so we went :)

We got there at 5:30 and I didn't leave until almost 8...oops, I guess it was more Happy Hour(S) than just one, but it was a really fun time and it was great to see some old co-workers and catch up with them.

Saturday started out early for Mr. Pit but I was lazy and didn't get out of bed until 10:30. Then my friend C came over for lunch and we had a really fun game of keep-away with Lil' Pup until he got too tired to play and just laid down in the yard. Ha! Then it was off to Mecca (King of Prussia) where I got my hands on two pairs of Lilly McKim's (pink AND gold!) and some super cute Lilly wrapping paper. Then it was another nap for me (not planned I swear, I went to lay down for 2 minutes and lo and behold it lasted 2.5 hours, eek!)
Mr. Pit got home around 7 and then we went to dinner at San Nicola which is our favorite Italian place in Paoli and it was SO yum.

Then it was up early for him again on Sunday but I was up at 8:15 to do some much needed cleaning. This was not an easy feat since Lil' Pup DESPISES the vacuum cleaner and will attack it from the moment it turns on. He also likes to try to eat the attachment parts so vacuuming is always a tricky undertaking that forces me to lock him in the guest room while I do the downstairs, and then put him outside while I do the upstairs. Little stinker just stands at the door howling to the heavens but acts like it never happened as soon as I turn it off! It cracks me up but goodness knows what the neighbors think about this poor dog barking to get let into the house!

Anyways, then Lil' Pup and I hopped in the car for a trip to my parents house for the afternoon where we spent the afternoon crafting and working in Mom's garden. I will post pics from the crafting extravaganza tomorrow (and they'll go up on Etsy then too!) and it was an all around lovely way to end the weekend. We then ordered Chinese food, watched the end of the golf (Tiger is AMAZING btw), watched Amazing Race and then went right to bed. SO GOOD.

I hope your weekend was as good as mine! I am hoping for nice weather this weekend since our garden didn't get tended to at all in favor of dead heading at Mom's place, but I have high hopes!

2 comments:

Dollface said...

lots with lil pup!! I played with our pug yesterday because he was so scared of the thunder and lightening storms! xoxo

Black Labs and Lilly said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I was really hoping for a different team (don't want to spoil incase people haven't watched yet) to get eliminated last night!!