Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bliss at 9600 feet

Hi Pit Fans,
I am at Copper Mountain now, relaxing with Mr. Pit and my Aunt and Uncle who live here. ON the mountain, that's right folks, this is the ULTIMATE ski house. We just spent 4 amazing days in Breckenridge, enjoying wonderful spring weather (I LOVE spring skiing) and a really nice relaxing time just the two of us.
We got in late Saturday night and pulled into our hotel, unloaded our bags and promptly fell asleep. I am not the best with altitude, so with some prescription Diamox I was ready to hit the town...albeit the next day.
Sunday we walked all around town and had a great breakfast at The Blue Moose which was a stones throw from our hotel. Fabulous eggs, yummy oatmeal and anything else you can think of, they have it. We ate there every day, including this morning before we left! Sunday was very low key, and we rented our skis and accessories and got ready for an early morning on the slopes on Monday.
The weather on Monday was to die for. Close to 60 degrees in town, sun everywhere, a spring skiers dream. We skied from 9:30 until 3:00 and could have done more, but we decided to get some rest before our sushi dinner and bachelor viewing. I know I know, you are saying, WHY if you are in this great mountain town are you staying in to watch the bachelor? Well...now that it's all been seen, I can't imagine what would have happened if I missed it!! Can Jason BE more of a jerk? And I want an answer to the question NO ONE is asking...why did he wait to break up with Melissa on National TV? I mean, can't you cut a girl a break and do it in person and NOT viewed by millions of people? That is just cruel. Change your mind fine, but don't break up with me on TV!! Anyways...so we never actually made it to Sushi since the darn show was 2 hours and then obviously we had to watch "After the Final Rose" so dinner was at 10pm and consisted of gummy candy and Clif bars. Awesome.
Tuesday was another day on the slopes, and this time we actually made it out to dinner! We went to Swiss Haven for Fondue and it was SO yummy. And if that wasn't enough, we went to Cold Stone Creamery for dessert! Then we watched some tv before passing out, to wake up this morning and get our massages, mmmmm. SO GOOD. We then had a fun pizza lunch and drove from Breck to Copper where we are now.
The plan is to make dinner here, drink some wine, play some games, and then get up early tomorrow morning to get to Vail by 9 and hopefully on the Mountain by 10. It could be a rush, but with this amazing warm weather, this snow can't be beat (well, if there was a foot of fresh powder, maybe, but I love this stuff).
So I hope all is well with you all back on the East Coast and everywhere else, I hear it's chilly over there!
We get back late late on Saturday, so I'll post a follow up blog on Sunday when we're unpacked and situated.
Lots of spring skiing love! xoxo Mrs. Pit

1 comment:

What Kate Wore said...

Oh Miss Preppy, you are at one of our favorite places for spring skiing, Copper Mountain! It's sounds as if you are having a great time, good for you!

Grins & Giggles,
tp