Thursday, April 23, 2009

Power of positive thinking...

So yesterday's appointment went as well as expected...I got a lot of head tilts and 'huh's' from the doctor and the appointment ended with...'well, from what you described I really have no idea, so we'll schedule these 4 (4!!!) tests to see what's going on and go from there'. AWESOME.

After that I checked off Test #1 by going to get blood taken. The mere thought of this is enough to put me in a cold sweat and give me heart palpitations, but I was very brave (if I do say so myself) and the blood taker girl was phenomenal. I told her I was 28 going on 5 when it comes to stuff like this, and to please not tell me when anything was going to happen as I think the anticipation is the worst part. So, we just chatted about dogs and the weather and before I knew it she was done and I was on my way. BIG UPs for Bryn Mawr Hospital blood takers, they are totally awesome and had me laughing all the way out the door.

I don't know when I am going to schedule tests 2, 3 and 4, but I have to take entire days off for 1 of them as I have to get fully sedated...so I have to talk to my boss first. I will keep everyone posted on the tests and how they go, as of now I have completely stumped 3 doctors...maybe I should go see Dr. House?

Anyways...as annoying as yesterday afternoon was, it was capped off with a family dinner on the porch at The Merion Cricket Club where we got to watch a thunderstorm pass right over the grass courts and it was really cool! We got to see the sky go from light to almost black back to light and the lighting was so bright it was like the entire place was taking a flash photo at the same time. Plus, since my parents had to burn their ENTIRE minimum for the quarter last night I got to eat Duck Quesadillas for an appetizer and then had the Filet for dinner, yum!!

What's really keeping me going though is knowing that tomorrow night I will be in Williamsburg with some of the best/funniest/coolest people I know and the whole weekend will be a blast.

I will also post a Furry Friday post later this afternoon as I won't be on the computer at all tomorrow or the entirety of the weekend. Till then!

xoxo Mrs. Pit

1 comment:

Ryan Biddulph said...

Cool blog. I'm happy to see that you're giving pits some positive press. I've been raised around pit bulls and I feel that they are the best breed on earth. Loyal, loving, and most are big mushes :)

Ryan