Thursday, April 23, 2009

Baby Names...

No, I am not pregnant, but it seems like everyone in the blog world is...crazy!

Anyways, just a small rant and then I'll be on my way.

1st, if you want to name your kid while still in utero...good for you. HOWEVER, that should be kept to yourself. It is old Jewish lore that as soon as you name the child (in utero or otherwise) that child has a soul, and if you utter that name aloud, you are alerting the Nit-Gute to your childs presence, and your child is no longer safe.

Read HERE to learn more about the Nit-Gute and it's history.

More importantly, folk lore or not...as soon as you name the child, you are opening yourself up to MONTHS of (probably) unwanted conversations and LOTS of opinions on that name. Believe me, I have a LOT of opinions on EVERYTHING, names included. If a name is the same as someone I don't like...done, off the list. A celebrity I don't like...done, caput. Seriously, I could cross off thousands of names now and I am a long way from being a mama.

Don't get me wrong, I know EXACTLY what I will name my first born son, or daughter, if they are twins, two girls, two boys, one of each, triplets...I have it down...but guess what...NO ONE knows that except Mr. Pit and that's how it's going to stay until that child's first wailing entrance into the world.

I don't know, it's probably just me, I just get annoyed at people who name the kids and then refer to them incessantly. Call it the bean, the bun, the bump, call it little whatever...don't call them by their names, it's creepy.

1 comment:

Dollface said...

hahah love the rant... and I had no idea about this Jewish lore.. yikes! xxxoo