Friday, June 5, 2009

Furry Friday!

Hi Everyone! Welcome to a rainy Furry Friday :) It is kind of icky here in Philly today, but honestly, can you actually look at this little face and NOT smile? He is a ray of sunshine in his own right for sure. This is Hobey. Hobey is a lab mix and will celebrate his first birthday this September, so Hobey's still a young pup! He is super friendly and the staff at Main Line Animal Rescue couldn't be happier with this guy around. The only way they would is if YOU brought him home!

Check out his page at MLAR HERE or check out your local PETFINDER for a dog in your area!

I was supposed to play in a golf outing this afternoon but since it's pouring here in the City of Brotherly Love it was canceled, so instead I'll work the whole day and spend a quiet night with Mr. Pit (which I am actually quite thrilled about!)

Yesterday was a really hard and long day, as the funeral was one of the saddest I have ever attended. It is one thing to go to funerals of Grandparents and distant relatives, and it's a whole different story when the person was 28 and a good friend (and a brother of one of your best friends and fiancee of another) so this was particularly brutal, but I managed to get through it with little mascara stains even though I cried the whole time. Andrew will be missed more than he probably ever realized.

The Lilly sale on the other hand was more uplifting, but honestly I was disappointed at the range of clothes available. Yes they had tons of shoes and bathing suits, but I still think that $60 is a ridiculous price to pay for a bikini, and otherwise it was nothing spectacular. The polos were blah (and I already have one in almost every color) and the sweaters were non existent since it is summer...and the dresses, well...they didn't do anything for me. The men's stuff was better (I got my brother a fabulous white linen jacket for $30!) and my Mom and I bought all the men in the family matching madras pants for $10 each!

I ended up spending $137 which is a record low for me (last fall I went home $475 lighter in the wallet) but I guess with the recession it's a good thing. They didn't have ANY Jubilee pieces and none of the stuff I expected to see...but, I'll go back in the Fall and hopefully it will be better.

Anyways, I have a lot of work to do since I was out yesterday, but make sure to check out Petfinder or Main Line Animal Rescue for dogs and cats that you can rescue this weekend!

Enjoy! xoxo Mrs. Pit

Oh, and congrats to Blue Eyed Bride who had a baby boy this morning! Check out her twitter page for all the details, he's a cutie!!

3 comments:

Dollface said...

Trust me its rainy here too!!! happy friday and weekend, xxxoo

Her Preppiness said...

Happy Weekend!! I did well at the Lilly Sale. It just depends what you are looking for!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had something fun to do after the funeral, and it sounds like you still found some treasures. Hopefully the rain will stop and you can still have your golf lesson tomorrow!

Sending a smile to you,
tp