In emailing back and forth with Mr. Pit, I realized that I have quite the to-do list for the house, and he thinks that none of these changes are necessary at the moment (which, in truth, they are not, but I seem to always need a project, I AM a Virgo after all!)
So, here is my list of things that I wish I could do to my house right this minute.
1. Redo the front gutters. Rainwater leaks out of them from the inside edge, we can't figure out how, but it washes all of our mulch out of the beds and drives me batty.
2. Build a little retaining wall for the side of the driveway. Part of the lawn is falling away here, plus it's impossible to mow that side of it anyway, so we might as well build a wall and make it level.
3. Add two windows to the dining room. The original owners filled in a large picture window so they had a wall to put their china hutch. We now have a china hutch there as well, but it makes the room dark, so I want to add two windows, one on each side to let more light into the first floor.
4. Build a bigger deck. Or at least power wash the one we have. It needs to be cleaned and resealed.
5. Repaint the entire downstairs. The previous owners painted it a very "in color" of a mossy green. I think it's too dark, I want to go something lighter. Not a tropical green, just something with not as much yellow in it, more white.
6. Refinish the hardwood floors. I want to stain the wood darker as well, and then re-paint the baseboards a bright white so they "pop".
7. Put an entire master suite addition on over the garage. I want a big walk in closet, a big master bath and of course a big bedroom. We are a 3 bed 1.5 bath home at the moment, and the addition would make us a 4 bed, 2.5 bath, much better for resale and property value.
8. Get a new washer and dryer. There is nothing wrong with our current pieces, I just want new front loading ones that wash and dry things really quickly. I also want a washer with a bigger capacity so I can do our duvet cover instead of having it dry cleaned.
Ok, I think that's it for now...and I think I just spent $100K in imaginary 'wish' dollars.
Am I the only one who dreams of renovations all the time?