Monday, May 18, 2009

A Fab Weekend again...

Hi friends, Mr. Pit and I are coming off another fabulous weekend and are 1/10th of the way through the week, horray!

I accomplished a lot around the house which pleased me greatly, however, the biggest accomplishment of the weekend was sowing our seeds in our garden!

Our garden is 40' long and 4' wide, so there is a lot of room for a lot of plants, and I think we did a lot better planning the space from last year. Last year we learned the hard way just how much room 18 jalapeno plants take up when they are fully grown, those suckers didn't stop growing until Halloween!

So this year we planted...
Zinnias
Snapdragons
Green Beans
Romaine Lettuce
Green Leaf Lettuce
1 Eggplant (my Mom didn't have room for it in her garden so she gave it to us, Thanks Mom!)
Carrots
and Squash...

Hopefully it will grow abundantly and we will have lots of yummy veggies to munch on all summer!

No big plans for this week or the weekend, Mr. Pit starts up his classes tomorrow night, so I am back to being a 3x a week MBA widow...but just one more year and we're done! Mr. Pit is off to a bachelor party this weekend as well, so I am planning on a walk with my friend E and her dog at Ridley Creek State Park, and then some golf with my brother. Mr. Pit comes back on Sunday and we'll do a barbecue at the club followed by another 18 holes, yahoo!

Oh, and the invitations are coming along for the Bungalow/Scout Bag trunk show, so keep watch of your inbox!!

2 comments:

Dollface said...

wow.... you have such a green thumb, im totally jealous! :) xxoo

Her Preppiness said...

Sounds like a great garden