Monday, April 5, 2010

Rescue Stamps!!

I just saw a poster about these stamps over the weekend, and I am so excited for them to come out! Amazingly enough they are being officially issued on April 30th, Little Pit's due date!

From the USPS Website:

On April 30, 2010, in North Hollywood, California, the Postal Service™ will issue a 44–cent, Animal Rescue: Adopt a Shelter Pet special stamp in ten designs, designed by Derry Noyes of Washington, DC.

With these 10 stamp designs, the U.S. Postal Service hopes to raise awareness of the need to adopt shelter pets.

The pets depicted on the stamps were photographed by Sally Andersen-Bruce near her home in New Milford, Connecticut. All had been homeless at one time; all but one had been adopted when they were photographed.

How great is that?! The USPS getting involved with shelter pets, I love it!!

I have already pre-ordered 5 books of stamps so that I can mail the baby announcements out with them, horray!!!

No comments: