Monday, August 17, 2009

NYC, Gift Show, Engagement!

Hi all,
So I am back and exhausted from a really fun weekend in NYC.

Just a few things to highlight the amazing weekend as if I wrote about the entire thing you'd all get bored at leave.

#1 My best friend C, who I stayed with this weekend got engaged yesterday morning! I cried in the middle of the gift show when she told me on the phone. In front of customers, and security people. And I don't care. I have NEVER seen her more happy as I did this weekend I am so happy for her and S to start their life together. Also, our future kids are going to be BFF and we picked out outfits for them at Lilly on Saturday :)

#2 The Gift Show is the most unbelievable place I have ever been. Overwhelming doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of how large and overwhelming this place is. I don't know how long it took them to build the Javits center (but I should, being in construction and all) but I have never been in a larger indoor space in my life. INSANE. The number of vendors was ASTOUNDING!!

#3 Bungalow ROCKS. I had SO much fun working the booth, meeting people and helping to sell products to new stores. It's really easy since the product basically sells itself and it's great to be a part of it. Plus, the people I got to work with were really fun and helpful and we had a great time despite being on our feet from 8-6 yesterday!

#4 My feet STILL hurt!

#5 I met Alyssa Tierney yesterday in my wanderings around the show floor and she COULDN'T have been nicer or more helpful. I was a huge fan already and now my fandom has grown :)

#6 Dinner at Peter Lugars was fun, but unfortunately it was due to our amazing company as opposed to our unparalleled dinner service. The waiter didn't even ask us how we were when he approached the table. Seriously he said 3 words to us the entire evening. Now, I don't like waiters who hover, but come on, at least engage us a little bit!

#7 Dinner at Peter Lugars is STILL in my belly. Steak was delicious, bacon was fabulous, potatoes were amazing and the spinach is their best side by far, as I already had heard. Total Yum. I just wanted a friendly smile and some banter with our waiter.

#8 I feel like I ran a marathon yesterday. We got home at midnight and I think I was asleep in 10 minutes after walking in the door. The alarm going off this morning at 6 am was the most unwelcoming sound I've ever heard. I am definitely taking a nap this evening before dinner and going to bed early!!

I hope you all had great weekends as well! If you ever get the chance to go to the gift show, DO IT, it's a site to see! Just wear good shoes and drink water, you put on miles and don't even realize it :)

Have a fabulous week,
xoxo Mrs. Pit