Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Last Day

Hi all,
So today is my last day of work...for 4 whole days! I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but with the vacations that we have taken recently, the average is a day and a half for a wedding where most of the time we're in a car...so the fact that I don't have to go to work again until Monday is pretty incredible.

We are heading up to Albany tomorrow morning and then spending the day Friday in Saratoga and coming back for the wedding, and then Saturday we are headed to Saratoga again for the races.
I have my Lilly dress all picked out as well as my hat with my big pink and blue ribbon :)

Lilly Pulitzer is also holding an event at the Pink Paddock, a Lilly Via shop up there on Saturday, so I am doing my best to convince Mr. Pit that it's a stop we MUST make!

I have three dresses picked out for the weekend, a black Limited one shoulder number that I miraculously found in my closet at my parents house, and even more miraculously, STILL FITS! I think the last time I wore it was 2001, MAYBE 2002...thank god for lycra!

My dress for the wedding is my floral Badgely Mischka that it kind of my go-to semi-formal wedding dress but I haven't decided on shoes. Last summer I wore it with green suede heels that ended up coming off not soon after the ceremony, so this time I might go with a lower black pair, but we'll see.

Then, my dress for Saratoga is a white Lilly shift with silver accents. I may bring a spare pink and green shift just in case I don't want to wear something so form fitting (it's not a normal spacious Lilly cut) and the other one is roomier, so we'll see. It might be really hot, in which case I'll wear the green and pink so it will breath.


And of course I only have the one picture...this is the dress for the races :)

I won't be doing a furry Friday post this week as we're not bringing the MacBook, but I'll make up for it next week I promise!

Hope you all have great weekends!
xoxo Mrs. Pit

2 comments:

Black Labs and Lilly said...

The Lilly event hosted through the Pink Paddock sounds like so much fun! They are going to have a print designer up on Friday night if you get into town early and can stop by!

What Kate Wore said...

Hope you had a good weekend Miss PPB!

Hope your week goes well!
tp