Friday, October 24, 2008

Damn Monopoly


Seriously, McDonald's has GOT to stop doing the Monopoly game. It makes me crazy because I feel like I have to win. And, not only do I want to win, but that I will stoop to levels SO low, I should win just out of pity.
Now...some things you should know about me. I am not fat, but I am certainly not Gisele-like in any way shape or form. I have given up bikinis entirely as I do not have the stomach that I should or could, and I just feel cruel letting the world see how out of shape I actually am.
So, given that...you'd think I would be smarter about what I eat. No, in fact, not at all and maybe the exact opposite. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want. I don't gain weight ever, but I don't lose it either, so I just sort of stay my always sort-of-overweight self.
HOWEVER, then comes along the McDonalds Monopoly game and all of that it out the window. Not only do you play by collecting the actual pieces, the pieces have codes on them so that you can play an entirely different game online...you get 2 codes per item, so lately I have been getting a large fries or soda practically everytime I am within 100 feet of the restaurant, just so I can tear those tiny stickers off the box or cup and then run to my nearest computer to get my 'roll' so I can hopefully land on an entirely new property.
And no, I haven't won a damn thing yet except for 25% off of Foot Locker (who the F wants that?!) and a free medium fries. Awesome. So, now I am 10 MILLION calories fatter and have nothing to show for it except for water retention from all the salt I ate. NICE.
Maybe I need to use my 25% off coupon to get me some running shoes to burn this crap off...totally no fun.
The worst part is, I almost pulled someone elses cup out of the garbage today to check it for game pieces. If the sidewalk hadn't been so crowded I probably would have. Ugh, what have I gotten myself into?!
By the way, if you have ANY extra pieces that you don't plan on using, send them my way please!!
JK...well, not really...but, I will try to be better and not buy anything this weekend...really, I will!

No comments: