Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oh, Hi Fall!

From the cool weather here in the City of Brotherly Love, you'd think that Fall was officially upon us! My car said 58 degrees this morning, 58! But, I broke out my lime green Lilly fleece and was cozy and warm on my way into work :)

Tonight is the lasagna extravaganza with M, and I am very much looking forward to going home and getting it all started. I don't really make lasagna the traditional way, it turns into more of a casserole or just steaming pot of yumminess, but regardless, it's my version and I made it constantly in college for all my sorority sisters who used to love it.

Basically I take a box of bowtie pasta, cook that all up, then mix ricotta with salt, pepper and dried basil, and then I layer the pasta and cheese and sauce just like you would in a regular lasagna. When you scoop into it it all gets mixed together but that's what makes it delicious. It's all hot and every crevice is covered in cheesy saucy goodness, yum!

Then, I'll make a salad with lettuce from our garden and then we're having cookies from Hope's Cookies for dessert!

Mr. Pit has already claimed his stake to the left over pasta and salad since he has class tonight, and M and I have agreed to share our pasta nummyness with him :) He needs sustenance as he has 2 fantasy football drafts this week one of which is tonight after class.

Anyways, that's all I have going on, I hope you all are enjoying this amazing weather!

xoxo Mrs. Pit

No comments: