Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ah, to do it all over again...

Mr. Pit and I will have been married for 5 years in a short 3+ months, and believe me, time FLIES when you're having fun!

What I can't stop doing though, is imagining all the ways I would do my wedding again if I were getting married this June or next (I would marry the same man, that's for certain!!) I still love looking at wedding magazines, and I think bridal dresses get better with every season as well as bridesmaids dresses.

The Eryn dress from Lilly Pulitzer just came out this week, and if this had been out 5 years ago you can bet your bottom dollar that my 7 bridesmaids would have been wearing it...how cute! And preppy! And pink! I ADORE it. It is a LOT more expensive than the dress I asked them to wear, but I think it's versatile enough that would have all jumped on it...ok, maybe not...but a girl can dream right?
It just screams summer wedding to me. I love love LOVE it. Too bad Mr. Pit and I don't have any friends getting married in the summer of 2011. We have a dear friend getting married in November, but the wedding is in the evening and it's downtown, so I doubt I can get away with Lilly, oh well.

And I have to admit if I had to pick a dress again I might go for something like this...TOTALLY different from what I wore, but I love it. Maybe we could have a night time wedding "this" time...ha :)



In reality, I loved every minute of our wedding (except maybe the thunderstorm and crazy humidity that followed) but at the end of that day, Mr. Pit and I were married, our friends and family ate well and danced their butts off...and people still say how much fun they had celebrating with us, so a total win!

Hope everyone is having a great day, Happy 1st day of March!!

xoxo Mrs. Pit

No comments: