Friday, March 11, 2011

Oh, hi!

Hi there,
Our ski trip was great, and Little Pit had an AMAZING time with her Grandparents. I can't tell you how lucky we are to have parents like ours who are always so willing to help out watching her and keeping her happy. She barely even noticed we were home to pick her up on Wednesday, and my Mother-in-law said she didn't cry once for the entire 4 days. Of course she's been home with me for a day and a half now and I've had my fair share of tears...oy.

Anyways, I feel like quite the athlete this week because we got back from skiing two days and I went straight to playing in my tennis clinic yesterday afternoon. I picked up playing tennis again after almost 20 years off the court, because I wanted to do something for myself and running on the treadmill and doing classes at the Y wasn't keeping my interest like I wanted it to.

Since I have started playing again I have fallen back in love with the sport. My first few lessons were tragic at best, but now I'm into my 6th week of playing and I feel a lot better about my game.

And of course with a new sport, comes new gear! I finally ordered some tennis shoes and another skirt this morning, because running shoes were not cutting it on the court. I felt like I was going to twist my ankle at any moment, and wearing regular mesh shorts made it very difficult to hold an extra ball while serving.

Sports Authority came through with some awesome sales, and paired with Ebates I made out like a bandit :) Hopefully they will be here soon!!

Oh, and if you want to sign up for Ebates, just click on the button on the side of my blog. It is been a really awesome site for me to use since so many of my purchases in the last 10 months have been online! I have gotten almost $100 back, from doing all the shopping I would have been doing anyway...and I don't have to lug Little Pit in and out of the store!

Anyways, Little Pit and I are going to go to the grocery store this afternoon, unless the sun comes out and then we might opt for a long walk.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and please pray for the people in Japan affected by the earthquake and tsunami.

xoxo Mrs. Pit


No comments: