Monday, March 22, 2010

What a weekend!

This past weekend was one of those weekends where it's almost unbelievable how great it was, and what made it great was about 100 different things coming together and aligning perfectly.

The baby shower that my mother in law threw for us was totally perfect. It was a gorgeous day weather wise, the food was fantastic, the company was great, the gifts were SO generous and plentiful and to talk to SO many people about how excited they are for our first child is just overwhelming. Both sets of Grandparents are really looking forward to getting to meet their first Grandchild, and Mr. Pit and I are all geared up to welcome Little Pit home.

The nursery is still just a room full of bags and boxes, but we're getting there in terms of what we need, and we picked up the crib mattress yesterday, so that is a huge thing now crossed off our list, horray! We are hoping over Easter weekend we can get a lot of things organized and put away, and I know we'll get it all done on time. Mr. Pit and I BOTH think that Little Pit is going to make an early arrival, and I can't say how I think that, I just have a feeling that this one is going to be ready to meet the world before the 30th of April (they are my child after all, I think it's pretty fitting, I've never been known to be one for the patience-gene!)

Anyways, it was a great weekend, my parents had a great time seeing my in-laws house for the first time (they have only met about 8 times in 7 years, and once was our wedding) but it was great, everyone gets along really well and it was a really really nice time overall.

We had a great ride down as well, no traffic to speak of, and we got home and got all our errands done in record time!

Now all I have to figure out is how to get home in time to change and make it to yoga by 6...I think a 4:30 departure from work is all that's going to get me there with this weather, so fingers crossed!

Hope everyone had a great weekend too!

xoxo Mrs. Pit

2 comments:

Dollface said...

Im so glad you had such a good shower!! I wish you shared photos... xxxoo

Amanda M said...

I will share photos as soon as my father in law emails them to me, I promise!!