Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Jake...oooooh Jake

So, I know I can't be the ONLY one who watched The Bachelor finale last night, but I have to say that ABC did a TERRIBLE job of keeping us guessing...I could tell it was going to be Vienna by 9:10pm or so, and then even more so with Jake's weirdness on the boat towards Tenley.

I also decided that men must just LOVE impetuous girls. There wasn't much wrong with Tenley, which Jake even said out loud more than once. I am convinced that as much as girls want a 'bad boy', boys want a 'bad girl' too! I think Jake really liked that she was super young, didn't ever think about what she said before she said it, and was always ready for an adventure.

I don't personally know Vienna (duh), so I can't say she's a bad person- come on, how many of us talk behind our friends backs on a daily basis, much less about girls we don't know? We can't all sit up on our high horse and say she was awful, because living in a house with 24 other girls fighting over 1 guy sounds pretty awful to me too! Don't get me wrong, I certainly didn't LIKE her during the show, but I think it's ridiculous to think all the girls would be bonding around the pool for 6 weeks and come away as best friends.

While I don't think she played her cards right for being on national TV for 2 hours a week, I don't think she's not necessarily good for Jake. He doesn't seem to want to settle down right away (contrary to how he started the show) so maybe a girl like Vienna is just the ticket. Think about it, now they get to do a huge press junket for the next few weeks and I'm sure they'll be 'hosting' parties at Tao in Las Vegas in no time. When he does want to get married and have kids I can almost guarantee he'll end up with someone like Tenley.

Ali, to me, would have been the obvious choice for him, as they both seem clean and shiny and perfect, but I really think that Jake liked the 'bad girl' side of Vienna and realized that the controversy could get him a lot farther in show business rather than the safer choice of Tenley.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents on the subject. In all honesty I found Jake to be a tedious bachelor after about the first 2 weeks, especially with every episode being 2 hours long, I sort of didn't care what happened at the end. Plus, since he cried almost every episode I found him annoying and needy by the time it was all said and done.

Anyways, have a great Tuesday!

xoxo Mrs. Pit

Oh, and thanks for the comments yesterday on what I should do while Mr. Pit is gone, getting pampered is a fabulous idea!

No comments: