Tuesday, November 17, 2009

WHAT a weekend

Hi all,
Mr. Pit and I had a whirlwind weekend down in our Nations capital and I was SO glad that we decided to take yesterday as a vacation day.

Saturday I went to a bridal shower, which was followed by a dinner, a lingerie shower and then a bachelorette party, complete with a 20 person Hummer limo. I bailed before the first bar on account of being on my feet since 8am, and since it wasn't proper for me to imbibe on account of the little one. BUT, I had an awesome time with my college friends and was SO glad I made the trip down there. It was great to see everyone and I have never seen the future bride so happy in my life, what a treat :)

Sunday was filled with football and we started our Redskins tailgate at 9am, complete with breakfast, lunch AND dinner after the game. We hung out for 2 hours after the game to let the parking lot empty (which is totally brilliant by the way) and made it home in 2 and a half hours with no real issues. The game was great, our seats were really fun and again, hanging out with friends was my favorite part. We also got to see the Redskins win, which is a rarity this season!

Yesterday was spent sleeping, eating and doing all the things around the house we didn't get a chance to do since we weren't around all weekend. Mr. Pit and I had a great time just spending time together AND we got our Thanksgiving turkey for a whopping $5. Yep, $.29 a pound...so our 17 pound bird only cost us 5 freaking dollars! Wegmans people, WEGMANS. I love that place.

Now I'm back at work catching up on everything I missed from being out for training 2 days last week as well as yesterday, so I'm working it!

As for this week, um...LILLY Warehouse sale is Thursday and apparently NOTHING is over $100...HOLLA! I am so freaking excited. I love that sale, it makes me happy every year :)

Then this weekend I am finally getting my H1N1 vaccine and Mr. Pit is headed up to New England for the Patriots game on Sunday night. I will spend Sunday with the parents and I am very much looking forward to Thanksgiving the next week!

Hope everyone had great weekends!

xoxo Mrs. Pit

Oh, and a BIG shout out to DOG SITTER OF THE CENTURY, our friend A. What a lifesaver this girl is. Lil' Pup was SO calm and happy to see us, which is a sign that he had a great weekend and was a happy pup which is all we can ask for...oh, AND our house was freaking spotless, which is NOT how we left it! A, you're the best. You will be rewarded heavily!!

No comments: