Friday, December 25, 2009

For the D's

This post is dedicated to the best friends a girl could ask for :)

After having 3 Christmases so far, I am exhausted!

Mr. Pit and I had our first Christmas, just the two of us on Christmas Eve morning. I got quite spoiled with new fleece slippers, an iTunes card, a new calendar, and a whole box of stuff labeled "Mom-to-be survival kit". It was really really wonderful and thoughtful, just like Mr. Pit. It came chock full of my favorite candy, a cute t-shirt and lot's of 'coupons' for me to use later in the pregnancy. They were for things like '1 free back rub', '1 get out of doing the dishes free' and lots of other cute things. We decided not to spend a whole ton of money on each other since we have Little Pit coming in the spring, but regardless of how much money you do or don't spend, this Christmas certainly proved that a thoughtful gift goes a LONG way.

Then our second Christmas was with my family and was this morning. My Uncle showed up on Christmas night to surprise my mom (he flew in from St. Louis and no one knew!) and she was thrilled so we had an extra person at the festivities and it was great. My parents (and Santa of course) spoiled Gavin and I with some awesome gifts. Among the many highlights was an antique tiny rocking chair for Little Pits nursery- it is so freaking cute and little!), we both got monogramed golf balls and best of all we got our Canon EOS Rebel XS DSLR camera. It will take me days if not weeks and months to figure out all the ins and outs of this thing, but I can't wait. It came with all sorts of bells and whistles and I can't wait to decipher the users manual to make it really work for us.

Now, on to our 3rd Christmas with Mr. Pits family, and it is lovely as always. I got a really cute maternity dress (though I think it is definitely not limited to wearing with child) as well as cute napkins, an awesome watch with changeable straps and a cute book called Good Dog, Stay. I have feeling it will be quite sad a-la Marley and Me, but it got great reviews and I am sure I will read it and cry and then want to read it again.

We are up here in New York until Sunday afternoon when we go back down to Philly for 2 days and then we're up to Salem Mass for my friend K's wedding. Then we're driving from Salem to Providence to see our friends the A's and the S's and I can't wait to spend time with all of them. The last time I saw most of them I was in the throes of early pregnancy morning sickness so I wasn't feeling so social! So, hopefully I can make it up to them this time around :)

As for the next two days, I think it's going to be a lot of low-key family time, but I know there is a big dinner planned for tomorrow night as well as a big brunch on Sunday. Our big plans for Monday include a trip to Babies R Us to register for Little Pit :) I have never gone shopping for anyone's baby or even bought off anyone's registry, so it should be interesting and fun for both of us. (really, it's like sending us to a foreign country to shop for something that we've NEVER owned and everything in's a different language!) but I'm confident we'll figure it out.

Oh, and Mr. Pit just reminded me to tell you all about the pageant. It was great though there were two changes that I didn't love. First, they switched the passages that are normally read throughout the service from the King James version to a newer version, so the tempo was a bit different than I'm used to. Second, they switched the last song from the First Noel to Joy to the World. Both great songs, but again, not what I'm used to. Overall though, the pageant was great, the star was lit at JUST the right time and everything was lovely. (Even the angels having a giggle fit in the middle of the service didn't bother me).

I promise to blog more when I have more to share...hope you all had great holidays!

xoxo Mrs. Pit

No comments: