Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Edition- A lil' bit about The Preppy Pitbull

(This is totally stolen from the brilliant Black Labs and Lilly !)

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your blogger friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire post and paste into a new post on your blog, if you have one. Change all the answers so that they apply to you.This is not a Meme or a Tag. You simply play along if you wish to. Or just read the answers! Enjoy the Disney Pictures sprinkled throughout the post!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Remember, I am an engineer, so I love love LOVE to wrap, it makes me feel like I'm actually creating the gift.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real all the way. Our tree this year is HUMONGOUS but I love it anyway.

3. When do you put up the tree? Normally a week or two after Thanksgiving. It depends if we travel for Thanksgiving. This year it went up the 5th of December, perfect timing if you ask me!

4. When do you take the tree down? We normally take it down the first or second week of January, it all depends on the tree pickup in the Township.

5. Do you like eggnog? Nope, not at all.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My pink BMX bike. It was totally rad then, I love love LOVED it.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad. He has everything and wants for nothing...so yeah, he's tough.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My older brother. He LOVES clothes and is extremely preppy, so anything from Brooks Brothers, Vineyard Vines or Jos. A. Banks is a win for him.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Ever since we've been married we've sent out a photo card via mail. I LOVE getting mail and love sending letters out too, though I am not that good or consistent at it!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A jewelry box from my college boyfriend. Totally random and impersonal. I am the easiest person on the planet to buy for. I like anything pink or navy or at all preppy.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? This is a tough one, Rudulph (the claymation one) is SO good, but then there's Elf, and of course It's a Wonderful Life, and Love Actually is a new favorite as well, so I'd say toss up on that one.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In the summer or whenever the mood strikes. If I see something that is SO perfect for someone else, I buy it when I see it, otherwise it's never there when I go back.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, but I know I have been the recipient of a recycled gift. The fact that the person thought of me in the first place was fine with me.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom makes a FABULOUS beef tenderloin on Christmas Eve. It's always perfectly cooked and my dad makes AWESOME mashed potatoes, it's always one of my favorite meals of the year.

16. Lights on the tree? Heck yes. 4 strands of white and 4 strands of color. And LOTS of ornaments :)

17. Favorite Christmas song? Baby It's Cold Outside is definitely a favorite, but my favorite hymns are Oh Holy Night and It Came Upon a Midnight Clear. They make my hair stand on end when we sing them at the midnight service on Christmas Eve, they are so beautiful.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? It depends on the year. Growing up we ALWAYS had Christmas at home. My first Christmas away from home was our 2nd year married, and we spent it with Mr. Pit's family. It was a very very hard day, but you have to grow up sometime!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yep...you want me to? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Donner, Cupid, Comet, Blitzen and Rudolph :)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? My parents tree has an angel, ours has a star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. ALWAYS. Our Christmas takes FOREVER, we open one present at a time, from oldest to youngest. I wouldn't doubt it takes 4 hours to do, but I love it. The focus then is on the giver and the receiver, not just the present itself.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The traffic in and around the mall and other shops. I feel like people buy things for the sake of buying...I'd much rather spend time with a person rather than get a gift they found in a checkout line...but that's just me. I chose to buy my family gifts to an event this year in addition to presents. I think it's more important we get out as a family and get some culture rather than everyone just getting a sweater or something.

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? I don't have a favorite ornament, I really like all of them, but I do love our theme. Red and silver with lots of reindeer and classic Christmas images. NO snowmen at all, they totally creep me out!

24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? We do a Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas dinner is usually sandwiches or left overs from the night before!

25. What do you want to do for Christmas this year? For Christmas this year I just want to have a nice Christmas with both families. This is the last Christmas without an infant running/crawling around, so I want to cherish the quiet grown up part this year!

26. Favorite Christmas tradition growing up? I love our whole Christmas Eve tradition. My Mom and I go to church in the morning to get all the flowers set up on the altar and then at 4 the whole family goes to the pageant. I LOVE the pageant. It is the exact same every year and EVERY year my Mom and I cry at the exact same spots while my brothers and husband just roll their eyes. Then we come home and make a yummy beef tenderloin dinner and end up watching It's A Wonderful Life on TV. It's been pretty set for a long time now, I don't think we HAVE any other Christmas traditions!

27. Favorite tradition now? Same thing as above! It's of course different when we go to Mr. Pit's family (they do Chinese food on Christmas Eve, and a big Christmas Dinner) but this year we are going up there Christmas day, and next year we're having everyone come to us...so it looks like this is it! We'll have to create new traditions when Little Pit is here!

28. Favorite Christmas Memory? My favorite memory is from a few years ago when it was a crazy 70 degrees in Philly on Christmas day. The entire family opened presents together and then ALL went out to play 9 holes of golf. It was hilarious as we were the only ones out there, but the weather couldn't have been nicer!

1 comment:

Dollface said...

I love everything about Christmas even though I dont celebrate it.... and thank you for your insightful comments... youre such a good bloggie friend! xxxoo