Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happy 101


Hi all!
I am really excited because I *NEVER* get tagged for things, and this morning I was tagged by Black Labs and Lilly!

I was tagged with Happy 101 and have to list 10 things that make me happy, and tag 10 blogs that make my day :)

10 things that make me happy

1. Going downstairs in the morning and finding Lil' Pup asleep on the couch. He slowly opens his eyes and immediately starts to wag his tail. Then, its a series of yawns and stretches before he actually gets up and off the couch. I love this little ritual each morning, and he is NEVER not happy to see me.

2. Driving my car. I hate traffic but I love my car. It's not the fanciest thing, it was actually the cheapest Jeep I could find with not very many miles, but it runs great and has my monogram on the back for easy spotting in any parking lot. It also has an MP3 jack, which in my head, was worth the entire purchase price.

3. Coming home to Mr. Pit every night. I know it sounds lame, but he's my best friend and I love spending time with him, even if it's just on the couch watching tv with Lil' Pup between us. Plus, now with a Little Pit on the way, the time we get to spend together now is even more important.

4. Hostess Chocolate Cupcakes. I probably hadn't had them in 10+ years before I spotted them at the grocery store last week. I have been having 1 package a night since we got them. I know they aren't doing ANYTHING for me nutritionally, but they make me irrationally happy and satisfy my pregnancy sweet tooth to the tee.

5. Golfing on a Sunday afternoon with my Dad, brothers, and Mr. Pit. It is a ritual we started years ago, we golf in the late afternoon when you don't have to have a caddy, and we take our time and walk anywhere from 3-18 holes depending on the weather, our moods or if we have to get back for dinner. It's a great bonding time for all of us, and the course is my favorite when it's empty and beautiful and all ours.

6. Sushi. Oh how I miss it. Our little sushi place in Bryn Mawr is SO good and we haven't been in forever since most of the menu is off limits for me. I can get an eel roll or anything tempura, but the temptation to get my favorite Philly roll is too much to bear. Come May I will be their best customer again. Even though I can't have it now, it makes me really happy!

7. Christmas. The entire season makes me smile. I loved getting our tree last week, and even though it is about twice as large as it should be for the space, I adore it. I love putting the lights on, deciding where to put each ornament, the whole process makes me happy. I also love my collection of silver reindeer, my antique NOEL sled and our matching stockings...even Lil' Pup has one!

8. The anticipation of Little Pit coming into the world. I am LOVING this part of my pregnancy. I feel great, I've only gained 5 pounds in 20 weeks, and I've been told I look great too, yahoo! I love thinking about all the things we'll do together as they grow, and I am really excited for them to come in April. I also love that Little Pit already has doting Aunts and Uncles who are anxiously awaiting his or her arrival as well. Little Pit also has a custom made baseball bat from his 'Aunt and Uncle' in Chicago as well as lots of hand me downs from his grandparents. OH, and I am especially excited for our 20 week ultrasound tomorrow!

9. My friends. They know who they are, and they are the most supportive, awesome, amazing people I have ever met. We might not talk that often, but that doesn't mean to don't fall right back into an easy conversation with lots of laughing, reminiscing and plan making for the future.

10. This is a tough one. It's a toss up between sleeping and shopping. I LOVE sleeping. I love our sheets, our cozy comforter and duvet, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE rolling over, looking at the clock, and rolling right back over to sleep more. Shopping though is also great because I LOVE the thrill of a good deal, a sale price or something fabulous on a clearance rack in my size. We'll call that one a tie!

Now, for 10 blogs that make my day!

1. Preppy Mama
2. Preppy 50 and Loving Lilly
3. Inner Workings of a Real-Life Barbie Doll
4. Nautical By Nature
5. Monograms and Martinis in Manhattan
6. The Prep-E Girl
7. The Preppy Baby
8. Love, Life and Labradors
9. Mrs. Preppy
10. Bumpkin on a Swing

There ya go, go check those blogs out, they are fabulous!

Have a great day!

xoxo Mrs. Pit

No comments: