Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pa-a-a-an-cakes....

So, on this rainy Saturday with nothing planned for this evening, I convinced Mr. Pit to go to the King of Prussia mall with me, with the promise of Cheesecake Factory for dinner as a bribe. It worked and turned out to be one of the most successful shopping trips EVER.

But, first things first. The title of this post is dedicated to my all time favorite comedian, Jim Gaffigan . One of his skits is about IHOP, and how its weird that all the restaurants are shaped like churches. Hence, chanting "pan-a-an-cakes" while walking into the restaurant. Click HERE to see one of his best bits. Too freaking funny. I've seen him live a handful of times and each one is better than the last. I sing "pan-a-a-an-cakes" to Mr. Pit every time I go into a store that is my personal Mecca (Lilly, Polo, Coach) it's an inside joke and only Mr. Pit really gets it since he was with me the first time we saw Jim Gaffigan live...but anyways. I'm babbling.

NOW, onto the shopping.


First, we hit White House/Black Market and got a SUPER cute skirt for work. Looks like half of a Chanel suit, and I plan on wearing it with a crisp white button down and knee high black boots. Woo hoo! I am trying to do that whole "dress for the job you want, not the job you have" thing, and since I sort of gave up in the summer (I wore a LOT of Polo's with a lot of khakis, and even resorted to flip flops one slow week in August) it's time I start dressing the part. Plus, since yearly reviews are coming up in November, now is definitely the time to break out the big guns. Wish me luck.



Second, and the MOST exciting purchase tonight (and possibly of 2008, no joke) are the Lilly Pulitzer flats I got at the Lilly Store...ON SALE...last pair left...IN MY SIZE! I mean really, how often does that happen? I searched for them HIGH AND LOW on eBay and elbowed my way to the front of the shoe section at the warehouse sale earlier this summer, but a 9 1/2 in green with a pink flower was no where to be found. Alas, a random Saturday night at the Lilly store in the mall, was my nirvana. There on a shelf, all by itself, under a great big "SALE" sign, were my green "Color In Bloom" flats. Even better, they were reduced from $258 to $79!! I mean, I would have paid $199 for them and these shoes were less than the skirt I bought above. Too good to be true. Mr. Pit just smiled and waited patiently while I tried them on just to verify that they were in fact my size and not cruelly mis-labeled...and they fit like a gem. I think they might make their appearance on Tuesday if the weather is good. There is NO way I am wearing these babies in the rain.

So, we're home now watching college football (which is perfect for needle pointing by the way. Plus it makes Mr. Pit happy that I am in the same room, as he feels he has someone to make comments to and isn't just yelling at the TV, though he does that too)

I am deliriously happy with my purchases (which also included a gorgeous Tumi wallet for Mr. Pit and some make up for me at Sephora) and can't wait for tomorrow morning since the plan is to go to The Classic Diner for breakfast...honestly the best omelettes in all of PA, yum!

No comments: