So, here's a quick update of what's being going on in the Pit house as of late.
32. The age I turned yesterday I still feel 22 and am amazed that anyone thinks I am old enough to have a mortgage, credit cards, a car and (almost) 2 kids. Turns out I really am even though it surprises the heck out of me and especially my parents who still think of all of us at around age 8.
37. The number of weeks pregnant I am with #2. A few weeks ago I was having tons of contractions every night but they would subside once I was in bed. The past week I have had some Braxton Hicks, but nothing severe. So, every minute I think this baby will be early my body tells me 'not so fast!' and every time I think it will be late or I'll be pregnant forever I'll feel a tiny contraction. Basically, the baby will come when it comes and I have to focus on Little Pit and what she needs for her school and the rest of the fall. I am still very much counting down to the 28th though, I can't wait to meet the little guy or girl!
9. The amount of hours Little Pit will be at school during the week starting the 17th. 3 mornings. 3. 9 hours total. It doesn't seem like a lot, but when you have spent almost every minute of with your almost 2 1/2 year old for the past 2 1/2 years, 9 hours is a DREAM. Of course, with #2 coming it won't exactly be snooze central over here, but still, I'm looking forward to it. Also, she'll love it. She LOVED camp this summer and has been asking about school for months now.
1,294,475. Things we still have to get done before #2 comes. The nursery is at best 50% finished and we pick up the glider tomorrow. Once we get that in the house we can put everything in it's final place, I can do all the neutral colored laundry and actually start decorating the room.
0. Number of things in my bag for the hospital. I told you we had a lot to do!
74. The high temperature forecast for Sunday. I could NOT be more excited for cold weather. Being THIS pregnant in this kind of awful, East coast heat and humidity has done a number on me this summer. Poor LP and Mr. Pit have felt a lot of the wrath of that as well. As the temperature goes up my patience level goes WAY down. Needless to say, we all are wishing for cooler temperatures around here.
12. The number of people that are meeting us to go apple picking this Sunday. We threw it out there thinking NO ONE would say yes, but my entire family and some friends are coming to join us. I am so psyched! I think LP will get a huge kick out of it, and hopefully it won't be as crowded as an October weekend (and Honey Crisps are available, my favorite!!)
3. The number of hours I hope LP naps this afternoon so I can tidy up the basement (which is almost finished, the contractor SHOULD be done today!!) and then I can start moving our computers and all that fun stuff over to the new desk and then repurpose the old table for LP.
So, that's that. Mr. Pit is playing in a golf tournament this afternoon and won't be home until late, so LP and I have to think of something fun for dinner...maybe the diner and then ice cream? We'll see!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
xoxo Mrs. Pit