Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Moving on...

After the less than desirable weekend we just had, I have been making myself feel better by nesting for both LP and BP, but mostly by shopping for LP's big girl room.

Target is having an awesome sale on furniture AND doing free shipping, so I jumped the gun a little and bought her dresser online today.

It was reduced from $149.99 to $119.99 and included free shipping and an extra $10 off since it was a purchase of more than $100. I was looking at one quite similar at Pottery Barn Kids, but for the price I just couldn't pass this up.

Of course the bed I want to get her isn't sold online, but I know for a fact that it is in our local Target because I stalk the aisle it's in every time I am there just to make sure.

The bed is also really reasonably priced (as far as beds go I have found) at $199.99. And, since it's at our local store the only 'shipping' we'll have to do is actually getting it in and out of the car.

We can't buy it yet since Baby Pit's room isn't painted and the carpet isn't laid, and I don't want to have to take apart the crib and put it back together again more than once...so hopefully that will all happen in the next two weeks and we can really get this transition started.

I already have the bedding and sheets for her 'big girl' bed, so the last thing I have to get are bed rails so she doesn't go crashing to the ground when she moves around (which she still does, a LOT!). I am hoping to find those at a consignment store, but so far every time I visit I come up short. They aren't that expensive new, I just would rather get the discount if I can.

We decided on Behr's line of paints since they come Paint & Primer in one (win!) and have zero VOC's (Volitile Organic Compounds- basically what makes it smell like paint). Since it's zero VOC, Little Pit and I don't have to move out of the house while Mr. Pit paints, or I could even paint myself if I had more motivation (which at 31 weeks is just not happening). We picked "Pooh Corner" as the color, and if I could find a good swatch I would post it. It's basically a really light green, almost yellow color that I think will make the room bright but not too bright and should match our existing nursery bedding really well.

Baby Pit will either get a blue monogram above the crib, or pink, depending on the gender, obviously. My order is already pending with the same person who did the monogram for Little Pit's room, and it will match exactly besides color if it's another girl, but we'll do a more masculine font (and in blue) if it turns out to be a boy.

I still don't have any really inkling on what the baby is, I just know that it moves A LOT more than LP ever did and that I am not gaining nearly as much weight as I did with LP. The second is probably more to do with the fact that I am up and running around all day as opposed to sitting at a desk like I was, but still, a different pregnancy feeling overall.

So, that's how we're recovering. It's REALLY hot and humid today and since LP can't swim I have NO idea what we'll do for fun this afternoon...anyone have any ideas? Keeping a toddler out of the pool has been harder than I thought since I can't even set up her baby pool or let her run through the sprinkler :( We have our follow up appointment tomorrow morning with the hand doctor though and I am really hoping he gives us the all-clear to play with other kids, then at least I can send her to camp for the rest of the week!

I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for your kind comments earlier this week, they mean a lot.

xoxo Mrs. Pit

No comments: