Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A little hurt...

As many of you know, I take Little Pit to Gymboree every week, and have since she was 8 weeks old. I got tons of recommendations to go there through friends with older kids, and I have enjoyed my experience for the last 10 months...until recently.

Everyone knows moms can be cliquey. I have made some friends via Gymboree and generally liked everyone and thought they thought the same of me.

(as an aside, I know me, really, I do. I know I can be hard to take some times. I have opinions. Lots of them, that I will probably share with you whether you want to know or not. This however, has not impeded my friend making ability thus far in life, it just takes a certain kind of person to like me I guess)

Anyways, the last month or so, and more so in the last two weeks, I have been excluded from 2 birthday parties and many other occasions happening either before or after Gymboree or on the weekends. Normally this wouldn't bother me, except that the people who excluded me talk about the events as if everyone were invited and openly talk about the plans before, during and after class.

I sit there kind of dumbfounded that the whole group would get together and so blatantly talk about it knowing full well they didn't include me.

(another aside, I know you can't completely censor your life all the time, but come on, have SOME tact!)

Now, I am also not sure that I am the only one not invited, and I am not trying to throw myself a pity-party (oh, ok, I am)...I am just surprised at how thoughtless an entire group of people can be.

My mom and Mr. Pit have both pointed out that I shouldn't want to be friends with people like that anyways, but I do. I came to Gymboree so that Little Pit and I could make friends together. I thought that everyone liked me, I had no idea there were all these social gatherings happening, and no idea until recently that I wasn't invited.

Anyways, just had to vent. I am not saying these people aren't nice. I thought they all were, I thought they thought I was nice. I am just sad to not be included.

In other news, we didn't even go down to look at that house. We decided that since we're in such a good school district now, it would be crazy for us to change (plus, the house needed $100K of work anyways...not exactly something we want to take on at this time).

I have my first tennis match this week and I'm playing singles, eek! My forehand and serve have gotten a lot better recently though, so I am hoping that it will stay that way through Thursday.

This weekend we are headed to Talula's Table for lunch with friends and then going to my 2nd Mother's Day brunch :)

Hope everyone is having a nice week!

xoxo Mrs. Pit

No comments: