Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Some firsts...

It was a big weekend for us at the Pit house, so we'll do a little run down of what's new with us.

First, on Sunday, Little Pit was baptized. What made it even more special was that the Reverend that married Mr. Pit and I was there to assist with the baptism (he had left our church on sabbatical 2 years ago) and we had NO idea he'd be there, so that was great. He had never seen Little Pit before, so there were lots of smiles all around.
Little Pit with her two Godmothers

Little Pit was a great sport throughout the entire service, though she didn't love the water being poured over her head, she did great and we got lots of compliments from the congregation.

Then, last night she had her FIRST rice cereal meal. She absolutely loved it and my Mom and I laughed throughout the entire thing. She looked SO stinking cute with cereal all over her face and chin, and she loved grabbing the spoon from me and putting it in her own mouth. I of course didn't get ANY pictures since I was focused on her being comfortable in her bumbo as well as not getting rice cereal everywhere.

She is 5 months old now and I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. She is a TOTAL joy and we are just so so so lucky to have a baby with her temperament.
Little Pit working hard to sit on her own
And, we fell over, but it's so funny that we just laugh and laugh

Anyways, tonight Mr. Pit and I have date night, yahoo! We are going to 333 Belrose, one of our favorite restaurants near our house, I can't wait :)

Then we go to the Outer Banks on Sunday and I am so excited for the trip I already started packing!! We will be staying ON THE BEACH in Duck for an entire 7 days. Lil' Pup won't be making the trip since we think that taking Little Pit is going to be time consuming enough, one of these days he'll go on vacation with us.

I'll post more about the OBX soon, I am hopeful that we'll get our Christmas card picture taken when we're down there...cross your fingers!

Hope everyone has a great day!
xoxo Mrs. Pit

No comments: