Thursday, April 7, 2011

Phases...

I go through phases where I feel the need to clean out every part of the house. I usually start off with my closet, go through my clothes and shoes, then I tackle the coat closets, and this week I even managed to get into the cupboards in the kitchen. I threw out two water bottles with no caps, as well as 2 broken umbrellas, a few broken hangers, and well, you get the idea. I have the desire to spring clean like NONE other.

There is a consignment sale this weekend and tomorrow is the day to consign the clothes. I have 87 items going to the sale. 87. About 10 are Little Pits clothes that still have tags on them, and about 6 are duplicate toys or books that we have gotten for her and I don't have anyone to regift them too. The other 70ish things are all from my closet.

Now, before you think I am a total clothes horse (which I can't even begin to deny), it is a LOT of my old work clothes. Since I no longer work in an office, I didn't find the need to hold on to 6 business suits and about 10 pairs of dress pants and coordinating dress shirts. I kept some, but the majority of them I am consigning because they are in great condition and I don't think that I'll be working in an office anytime soon.

Now that I have rid my closet of excess, I of course want to infill it with lots of pretty nice new things.

On a side note, I am a real sucker for white sales. Bedding, sheets, towels...you had me at hello. I can't get enough. I LOVE changing our bed around. Switch up the sheets, put new pillowcases on...that's my idea of an awesome day. So, in lieu of buying a whole new wardrobe...I really want to buy new sheets.

These imparticular...LOVE!




Both are from Garnet Hill, and both are Lilly (obvi). I love them, but at $188 for the duvet cover alone, I don't think I'll be buying these anytime soon. Sigh.

In other news, I actually WILL be working this Sunday. There is a lacrosse tournament nearby and I offered to help a woman who owns a local business since she has a tent at the event. She sells a lot of Scout stuff, so it's really easy for me to sell for her since I already know the brand so well (and I was the one to sell it to her wholesale in the first place) Looks like it will be cloudy on Sunday but it's supposed to be in the 60's at least, so hopefully we won't freeze.

Hope everyone's been having a great week!

xoxo Mrs. Pit

Oh, and here's the latest from Little Pit. She LOVES raspberries!


No comments: