Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'm here I'm here!

Sorry for the lack of posts, it's amazing how an 8 pound being can be so darn time consuming! We are surviving though, and the little miss is up to a whopping 8 pounds, 2 ounces...she's gaining pretty slowly, but gaining nonetheless. She is sleeping ok at night, she is a very good little alarm clock, going off consistently at 3 hour intervals, but the doctor assured me she would start sleeping better in a week or two when her tummy gets a bit bigger. She is 1 month old today and I can't believe how fast the time has gone! I have been able to get out and about though, Mr. Pit babysat last weekend and allowed me to get a mani/pedi, and since she loves the car I have been able to meet people for lunch and errands, so that has been great as well!

I do of course have another reason for this post...as this might be the CUTEST thing I have EVER heard of, and I am SO sad that I don't live in this town in Florida...I think I would go EVERY week for sure! Little Pup would hate that I came home smelling of other dogs every week but there is NOTHING like playing with a puppy!!

Here is the scoop, at the Southeast Guide Dog school, the puppies are let go to play with the public for a few hours every day. This is so that the puppies can interact with people of all ages, abilities, tones of voices and everything else that makes every person different. The puppies have to be able to work with anyone they are assigned to, and the more comfortable they are with all different kinds of people from the start, the better.

You can show up every morning at 9am and they let all the dogs out to play with whomever is there. You can snuggle them, play with them, walk them around, whatever you want, they encourage all kinds of interaction. HOW cool is that? You can read the article HERE ...seriously SO adorable!!!

Anyways, that's about all that's going on, I'll do my best to do a Furry Friday post tomorrow but I have to go out to the mall and we are going to dinner at the club (it's lobster night, yum!!) I'll try though :)

I hope all is well with everyone, and here's a gratuitous baby picture just for fun :)



Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Pit

No comments: