Tuesday, February 10, 2009

50 degrees...in Philly...in February

What has the world come to with temperatures like this? Not that I am complaining at all...I in fact, love every waking second of it! How nice it was to stand and wait for the train today without having to stand hunched over lest the cold wind get down my jacket! No, this morning was fairly lovely for being 7am, and my train was on time to boot, yahoo!
In other good news today, though the Dow is down approximately 300 points (which does NOT make me happy) Mr. Pit and I were able to lock in a new low rate for our mortgage, and we close in 60 days. The savings is significant and this should help with the bills tremendously since the shiny new A6 is in the driveway begging to be paid for.
I also had an awesome Thai lunch with my friend E, and just yesterday I got a huge project off my desk that had been on it since last November!! I also got the final payment for another project of mine, so that can get off the desk in the coming weeks as well, yippee!
Anyways, as we all know, Valentine's Day is coming up, and I actually have 2 gifts for Mr. Pit this year. Neither scream romance (or sex, sorry!) but I think he'll like them just the same. I specifically asked for nothing for the day since all I want it to sit on the couch and watch movies with him and Lil' Pup all day Sunday. If it's nice we are going to bring Lil' Pup to Valley Forge for a really long walk, but again, it's all dependent on the weather. We also both have Monday off from work, so there is potential for movie time that day as well, so we'll just have to play it by ear.
Anyways, I gotta get back to the grind since I have two bids due in the next week and I am running them both, yikes!
Oh, and p.s, I am NOT happy that Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill were both reruns last night, ugh! But, on a super fun gossip note...rumor has it that Sophia Bush (Brooke Davis on OTH) and James Lafferty (Nathan Scott on OTH) are dating in real life...am I the only geek that thinks that is really fun?! A little creepy since she was married to Chad Michael Murray for a hot second, but I am a huge Sophia Bush fan anyways, so I can't possibly hate on these two. I love it!

No comments: